Flute 360 | Episode 246: “Let’s Talk Baroque with Dr. Dennette McDermott”
Welcome to Episode 246 of the Flute 360 podcast, hosted by Dr. Heidi Kay Begay!
In this episode, Heidi interviews Dr. Dennette Derby McDermott who is a flutist, author, recording artist, and educator.
Throughout this episode, Dr. McDermott talks about the traverso flute and how it’s different than the Böhm flute, Baroque resources, and her latest Čart flute album. She also talks about the lessons she’s learned while recording this album, and funding that you can get for your next recording project!
If you’re interested in learning more about the baroque flute and its unique sound, this episode is a must-listen. Tune in to hear from one of the leading experts in the field and gain insights that will help you take your flute playing to the next level!
E246 – Resources Mentioned:
- Join the Flute 360’s Accelerator Program Here!
Thank You to Our Sponsor:
- Čart: Three Sonatas, Vol. 1 (Little Piper)
- Čart, Three Sonatas, Vol. 2 (Little Piper)
- Dennette McDermott’s YouTube Channel
- Čart, YouTube Recordings
- Telemann Methodical Sonatas Vol. 1
- Telemann Methodical Sonatas Vol. 2
- Telemann Methodical Sonatas Vol. 3
- Telemann Methodical Sonatas Vol. 4
- Telemann Methodical Sonatas Vol. 5
- Telemann Methodical Sonatas Vol. 6
- The Department of Winds & Percussion at the University of Michigan School of Music, Theatre & Dance
- Northwestern State University of Louisiana – Dept. of Music