Flute 360 | Episode 2: “Anti-Inflammatory Diet” (19:16)
In this episode, Heidi discusses how an anti-inflammatory diet can minimize pain. Holistically, if the individual is taken care of first then fulfilling physical activities, such as flute playing, will be more enjoyable pain-free. One way this can be accomplished is through the anti-inflammatory diet.
Episode 2 – Main Points:
- Personal experience (0:33)
- Long-term solution (2:21)
- Good versus bad inflammation (2:40)
- Root of disease (2:48)
- Jessica Black’s book (3:36)
- Toxins (4:17)
- Foods to avoid (5:46)
- A holistic view (8:02)
- Making the change (8:33)
- Be patient with the process (9:09)
- Anti-inflammatory diet (10:13)
- Recipes (13:55)
- Balanced body (15:35)
- Prevention (15:48)
- Summary (16:58)
Episode 2 – Resources Mentioned:
- Black, Jessica K. The Anti-Inflammation Diet and Recipe Book. California: Hunter House Publishers, 2006.
- Morris, Artemis, and Molly Rossiter. Anti-Inflammation Diet for Dummies. New Jersey: John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 2011.
- Please note that your Amazon purchase will financially support the Flute 360 Podcast. Thank you for your backup!
- Heidi’s Website: heidikaybegay.com
- Heidi’s E-mail: email@example.com
- Low Dog, Tieraona. “The Wonder of Plants.” Explore: The Journal of Science and Healing 1, no. 4 (2005): 292-98.
- Marcason, Wendy. “What Is the Anti-Inflammatory Diet?” Journal of the American Dietetic Association 110, no. 11 (2010): 1780.
- Peterson, Karen. “Add Wellness to Your Repertoire.” Acoustic Guitar 27, no. 2 (2016): S4-S6.